Quinoa & Yellow Squash with Lemon-Basil Dressing
Author: Tracey Levy
- 1 cup quinoa
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1-2 medium sized yellow squash, cut in ½ slices
- ½ teaspoon pink salt
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon pink salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano, chopped
- In a large skillet heat 3 tablespoons olive oil on medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 5-7 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add the sliced yellow squash to the same pan and season with salt.
- Cook about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a jar or bowl, combine the lemon zest and juice, salt, pepper, last 3 tablespoons of olive oil, chopped basil and oregano.
- Once the quinoa is fully cooked, add to a large bowl.
- While still hot, pour the lemon dressing over and toss.
- Add the cooked squash and combine.