On Friday we eat fries…and fries we will eat!
Today while I was in my spin class, the instructor asked me what kind of fries will I be posting today to ring in the weekend? I realized in that moment that I hadn’t planned for this week and spent the next few minutes thinking about what was in my fridge that I could turn into fries. While the recipe is a concoction I created randomly, it’s a delish way to utilize eggplant and came out perfectly. Happy FRY-day!
- 1 eggplant
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Prepare a bowl with the eggs, whisked
- Prepare a mixing bowl size bowl with the almond flour, garlic powder, salt & pepper - mix together
- Cut up eggplant into "fry" like pieces
- Dip eggplant piece by piece into the egg and then immediately into the almond flour mixture
- Place pieces on parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake for approx. 35 minutes - flipping larger pieces midway through